Keeping your pet healthy is important to us.
The veterinary services provided by Vancouver Veterinary Hospital to clients include; Wellness & Vaccination Programs, Medical Services, Surgical Services, Emergency Services, and more. Call us today at 604-876-2231 to schedule an appointment!
Our services include much more than just regular check-ups. Please ask for more information on any of the following services. We’d be delighted to talk with you.
- Complete medical assessment and examination
- Vaccination, deworming, flea and other parasite prevention and treatment
- Full dental prophylaxis including scaling, polishing, fluoride treatment, and extractions if necessary
- Surgery including spays, neuters, emergency, soft tissue, and orthopedic surgeries
- Electrocautery is available during surgeries
- Tattoos and microchips to help reunite lost pets with owners
- Dental x-rays (specifically designed to evaluate small mouths)
- Full-sized digital x-rays (for the chest, abdomen, limbs, etc.) including contrast radiology
- Full diagnostic laboratory including cytology, microscopy, complete blood count machine, biochemistry machine
- Full Surgical Suite
- Electrocardiogram (ECG), intravenous (IV) fluids, respiration, blood pressure, continuous body temperature and blood oxygen level monitoring during surgical procedures
- Animal allergy testing
- Isoflurane anesthesia
- Chemotherapy and cancer treatment
- Nutritional counseling
- Euthanasia, pet cremation, and pet loss support
- Behavioural counseling
- Referral services such as ultrasound, endoscopy, and other specialty services
- Pet export and travel requirements (see here for more information)
- Boarding – cats and other small pets (please call to inquire)
- Professional grooming – dogs, cats, and other pets
- Therapeutic laser
We strive to maintain the highest quality equipment, training, continuing education, and resources to attend to your pet’s health. We offer increased anesthetic safety by technical advances such as heart and lung monitors and supplemental intravenous fluids. Each pet in surgery is personally monitored by a trained and certified animal health technologist.
Our staff is here because they are truly animal lovers and all of them give special attention to the happiness of your pet. Many hours are spent holding, talking to and interacting with patients in an effort to minimize the stresses of necessary hospitalization. We strive to get our patients home as soon as at all possible.
Simply put, we are a team committed to pets. Because our hospital is fully staffed, it allows us to provide your pet with individual attention. Whatever their needs may be, we offer a wide range of services to meet them.